Jailbreak Apps and Tweaks for iOS 7 Masterpost
The following post is dedicated to jailbreaking iOS 7 and the tweaks and tricks I found personally useful after jailbreaking!
Jailbreaking iOS 7 was actually one of the more simple jailbreaks I’ve done. Just download evasi0n from the official website, plug your device in, open the program, and let it run!
FAVORITE APPS & TWEAKS
Certain packages require that you add a new repo to Cydia (located on the Manage tab), in which case I have added the repo’s URL to the description. Packages are available for all iOS 7 devices unless otherwise specified.
- iFile (free trial + $4.00) Allows you full access to your iOS device’s file system. Useful for downloading and unzipping files from Safari, editing plist/text files to tweak apps, working with icon/image files for theming and adjusting, and so much more. iFile includes a built-in server that you can access from a computer browser in order to upload and download files, and also includes Dropbox integration. By far the most useful jailbreak app I have ever used. Includes a free trial before you are required to purchase.
- AdBlocker ($2.19) Blocks ads in Safari and other apps. Useful not only for preventing ads but also reducing data usage since the ad images don’t load.
- AdBlockerNetworks (free, repo.yllier.net) Blocks ad networks such as iAds and AdMob that aren’t covered in AdBlocker.
- QuickActivator ($0.99) Allows customization for iOS 7’s Control Center. You can add icons to the top and bottom rows - simply swipe on the row to access the other icons. I added respring/reboot icons and a cellular data toggle to the top row and launch icons to the bottom row for my favorite apps (Safari, Tumblr, Facebook, Twitter, Messages, etc).
- biteSMS (free with ads + $7.99, test-cydia.bitesms.com) biteSMS completely replaces the default Messages app and adds much more functionality. The Quick Reply feature is by far the best part of this app - it allows you to reply to a text message directly from the notification. Other features include Quick Compose, themes, passcodes, schedules, templates, contact icons, etc. Not all features are usable yet but are coming soon!
- SMS on GV 7 ($2.50) Fully integrates Google Voice with the default Messages app. It also works with biteSMS! You can send and receive Google Voice text messages natively, and the tweak will automatically detect iMessage users and switch to iMessage. For devices other than iPhones, you will need to tweak a plist file - follow the directions on the Cydia listing.
- Call on GV Pro ($1.50, iPhone only) Integrates your Google Voice number with the default phone app. You no longer have to use a third-party app to dial from your Google Voice number. It also modifies your call history so that contact numbers will show up instead of the numbers Google Voice uses to dial your contacts. This will also work for iPhones without a service plan.
- Activator (free) Allows you to create gesture and touch actions for shortcuts, apps, and other system actions.
- GuestMode ($0.99) Want to lend your phone to someone but don’t want them accessing your texts or photos? GuestMode gives you the option to disable apps and system settings when enabled.
- WinterBoard (free) Absolutely necessary for easy system, app, and icon theming.
- IconBundles (free) For use with Winterboard. Allows you to theme icons without dependency on the actual icon file name. Useful because if the icon name changes, your theme won’t break!
- BytaFont 2 (free) Changes fonts system-wide simply and quickly. You can also download font packages from Cydia for easy theming! My personal favorite, as usual, is Source Sans Pro.
PAID CYDIA APPS & TWEAKS
- CleverPin ($1.99) Detects when you are in specified wifi networks, listening to music, or charging your battery, and switches off your pin password.
- ColorFlow ($1.99) Themes music app colors based on the album artwork of the song currently playing.
- Favorite Contacts 7 ($1.99) Displays favorite contact icons in the Notification Center for easy access to calling and/or messaging.
- Icon Tool ($1.00) Backup, restore, and delete app data. You can also rename icons!
- Printify ($1.99) Send documents to Google Cloud Print or save as PDF files.
- SleepyAlarm ($0.99) Easily create alarms in the native clock app based on sleep cycles.
FREE CYDIA APPS & TWEAKS
- AndroidLock XT Enables an Android-like pattern lock in place of the text password locks.
- Bloard Enables dark iOS 7 keyboard on all apps.
- CCLoader Reorder and disable sections in Control Center.
- gpSPhone GBA emulator that you can easily customize. Does not include ROMs! Ads cannot be disabled but turning off wifi will prevent them from showing up.
- NCAllOnly Disable Today and/or Missed tab in the Notification Center.
- NetworkList Puts a list of wifi networks and passwords under your wifi settings.
- NoLowPowerAlert Disables 20%, 10%, and 5% low power notifications.
- NoteCreator Create a note from anywhere on your phone. I put a launch icon for it in Control Center using QuickActivator.
- ShowCase Enables lowercase letters on the keyboard when the shift key is off instead of the default caps.
- StatusBarSuite Hide icons on the status bar.
- SwitchSpring Swipe up on home screen in multitasking mode to close all apps or respring.
- TinyBar (repo.alexzielenski.com) Shrink notifications to fit in status bar - longer notifications will scroll.